Sunday, January 12, 2014

Just a better me.

First starting on this journey, less than 2 weeks ago, I thought I had to be this completely different person. I let the word "nice" totally dominate my personality. I don't have to recreate myself though. I was nice, yes, but I can still have some qualities that are "nice" as long as I don't let it take over my personality.
I am so many different things but I never really focused on them. I can still be giving; I just need to be giving to the right people. Volunteering allows that to happen. I am smart; I just really need to take the time to really think about things and relate them to my life to increase how much information I retain. I am really fun to be around (but I can imagine I wasn't while I was dealing with all this underneath the cool exterior). I am adventurous but the bucketlist I have rarely gets things checked off on it and it's time to change that! This year is going to be about doing, not thinking. I've thought enough. I haven't done enough.
I love dancing; I've been a dancer for as long as I can remember. Even when my parents were going through tough times, I had a basket of my "dancing clothes". I would put them on and put shows on for my parents. Letting me dance while I ate was the only my parents could get me fed. I am so many things but I was focused on one attribute of mine, I let most other things slide. Well, NO MORE I SAY! Time to be me, just a better me!!

On a different note...there are a few things I feel passionately about. One of them is being a vegetarian (I don't care if you eat meat around me, but I will not and if you tell me how much I'm missing out, I will really want to punch you in the face). I can sit there and give you health reasons or whatever, but the reality of it is that I've been anemic and B12 deficient for a very long time because I do not eat meat. My reason behind not eating meat is the idea of killing an animal to eat it and it all stems from a video I watched in the 3rd grade. I know people can disconnect a picture of animal and the food they eat, but I can't. I feel very strongly about abortions. We won't even get into that mess. I also feel passionately about patient care and I always have. This carries over to my thoughts about customer service as well.

Anyways, this year is about DOING not just THINKING. If I wanna take a road trip, I'm gonna take a damn road trip! I've wanted to dye my hair red for years, I'm doing it tonight! I've wanted to be a BBBS, my interview is on Tuesday and I'm ready to kill it! I've always wanted to try to be a wellness coach, I'm meeting someone on Monday to make it a thing! My "restaurants I want to go to" list will get shorter, and so will my bucket list and my "things to do in dallas" list!

I really can't wait to explore all the things I've wanted to do and my adventurous side a little more!
I'm not recreating myself, or finding myself. I know who I am. I'm just making myself better, a little bit, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment